BHRT is an effective FDA-approved hormone replacement therapy that is ideal for both men and women. As we age, our hormone production slows by up to 90%. At age 45-50, many of the symptoms of aging accelerate and begin to have noticeable impacts on our lives. Hormones are necessary to regulate all bodily functions. In particular, they help to defend the body against ailments such as osteoporosis, pain, depression, coronary artery disease, and Alzheimer’s.
Bio-identical hormone replacement delivers hormones in the form of pellets, and they are not chemical-laden or synthetic. In fact, these pellets are comprised of bio-identical hormones that are derived from natural plant sources and wild yams. They are the size of a grain of rice, and just one will last from three to four months for women and about five to six months for men. Once inserted under the skin, they will release doses of the depleted hormones consistently, providing therapy over a period of months.
As a woman ages, her body undergoes many changes such as night sweats, weight gain, hot flashes, and other symptoms caused by menopause. These are basically the body’s responses to a hormonal deficiency and BHRT alleviates many of these symptoms as well as mood swings, memory loss, anxiety, and symptoms of PMS. BHRT for women requires the ingestion of progesterone nightly. It is also important to increase estrogen levels, which involves a painless insertion in the hip area. Testosterone is also inserted into the hip area to increase energy, muscle mass, and libido.
A man goes through similar changes as his testosterone levels decrease. Around age 45 is when many men experience declining testosterone levels, although men can experience symptoms as early as their 30s. Symptoms can include poor tolerance to exercise, reduced muscle mass, lethargy, excess belly fat, loss of libido, and joint pain, to name a few. Hormone replacement pellets are an effective way to improve these symptoms. The procedure is simple, involving the placement of pellets under the hip area every few months.
Benefits of Hormone Pellet Therapy
- The only method that allows the body to control the release of hormones, raising levels when more is needed and decreasing it when requiring less.
- Delivers a low dosage continuously, 24/7, self-adjusting for exercise or stress.
- No changes of patches, application of creams, or remembering to take a pill.
- Releases testosterone and/or estradiol directly into the bloodstream, thereby bypassing the gastrointestinal system and liver. This may require lower doses.
- Consistently proven more effective than oral, injectable, or topical methods with regard to sexual function, mood and cognitive function, metabolic function, bone density, vaginal dryness, cholesterol, breast health and hormone ratios.
- Precise dosing to meet the dosage needs of each individual.
Dr. Lemon has seen hormone replacement therapy benefit the lives of many patients and is a strong believer in its effectiveness. He will personalize your treatment plan so that you can return to maximum physical and mental effectiveness. Bio-identical hormone replacement is an effective way to revitalize the hormones that are needed to keep your body functioning optimally. It is a painless, minimally invasive procedure with little downtime that can greatly improve your quality of life. Schedule your consultation at A New Me Reno today to discuss hormone replacement therapy.