Suffered a sports injury? Call A New Me today for state-of-the-art post-injury recovery using cryotherapy.
Cryotherapy consists of a variety of cold applications which are used in a variety of ways at A New Me to achieve age-defying results and benefit your overall wellness. Cryotherapy has been used for years in athletics to effectively treat a number of sports injuries:
- Basketball, Football, Track and Field Injuries
- Alternative Sports Injuries (Snowboarding, Skiing, Skateboarding, Lake and Beach Activities)
- Injuries at the Workplace
Cryo-Sauna for Post-Injury Recovery at A New Me
Whether you’ve been injured during an athletic event, on the job, or somewhere in between, we can help. A New Me is the first medical clinic to offer whole-body cryotherapy in Northern Nevada. Our Cryo-Sauna exposes skin and areas of the body to super-cold therapeutic temperatures, which enriches your blood with oxygen and key age-defying nutrients.
Cryotherapy offers anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects which help with joint disorders, muscle soreness, and may help relieve chronic pain in ten treatments or less.
Advantages of Cryotherapy
Cryotherapy can achieve amazing results in the treatment of acute injuries as well as chronic injuries. It can be used for multiple therapeutic purposes, including:
- Acute and chronic pain
- Inflammation or injury
- Pain and swelling post-surgery
Cryotherapy works by reducing blood flow to the injured area in question (thereby reducing swelling and throbbing), acting as a numbing agent itself. Muscle spasms reduce as does tissue metabolism.
- Decreased pain and muscle spasms; reduced swelling
- Reduced edema formation
- Improved tissue healing
- Effective temperature reduction
- Reduced need for pain maintenance and medication post-injury
- Improved rehab focus
- Enhanced lymphatic drainage, which is a key to improved healing
- Increased blood and oxygen flow to injury site speeds damaged tissue recovery
- Quicker recovery time for workouts; decreased downtime for intense training